[3830] WPX CW W7VJ M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w7vj@millerisar.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW W7VJ M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 17:43:12 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: W7VJ
Operator(s): K0PJ, K7OG, N7NM, WL7E, W7VJ
Station: W7VJ

Class: M/S HP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 40

------------
  160:    0
   80:   37
   40:  591
   20:  932
   15:  186
   10:   24
------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Ug!

Don't know which was worse, the bands conditions or the M/S rule change.  At
the risk of sounding like we were locked into the past, no one could figure out
how the new rule change made this a better contest for M/S, let alone how it was
supposed to actually work.  (yes, we read the rules several times).

As for operating, this was brutal at times.  Thank goodness for U.S. Qs to make
it at least interesting. It's amazing that the activity remained as it did.
Made a tactical error in bagging the contest last night and ended up being off
the air for 8 hours ... but the sleep felt good. Still, for a number of
reasons, this was a good choice in the bigger scheme of things.

Congratulations to the M/S winners down south.  The prop just wasn't with us
this far north.  Appreciate all the contacts.  73,

Andrew
W7VJ