[3830] WPX CW YN2GY(K9GY) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9gy@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW YN2GY(K9GY) SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 18:32:29 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: YN2GY
Operator(s): K9GY
Station: YN2N

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: EK71au
Operating Time (hrs): 36

------------
  160:
   80:   55
   40:  935
   20:  708
   15:  505
   10:   15
------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

The winner is... OFF TIMES...Runner up is Mother Nature (A=26)

Best score ever in WPX CW. Hope the 5 mil holds up this year.
This is the third year for WPX CW from Nicaragua.
Fifth time as DX for WPX CW.

This year there were no thunderstorms during the contest so was able to focus
on the low bands...well...decided to work 00-12z on 40 (a little 80 too).
Worked well except 0930-11z should of been an off time. So guess that was the
beginning of the fight with off times, hah! The other time I should of taken
more off time is when the A was 26 ! Because at 21z on day 2 the A went down to
14. One of these years I will learn contesting, hah!

My initial brainstorming had me work 40+80 from 00-14z each night for a total
of 28 hrs. Problem is that only leaves 8 hours to operate the other 20 hours
which are mostly high band activity. The dreaded off times strike!

Is it time the rules spell out that CUT NUMBERS are not allowed?

Missed the first game of the Stanley Cup final (GO Blackhawks!) but changed my
flight in order to attend Monday's game :-) Go get 'em boys!

Interesting to note that Managua airport now is scanning bags when you ARRIVE!

FT-857D + FT-817 (QSX other bands)
I think I have the band pass set up figured out, hah!

Cushcraft A3S, 2L 40m Quad, 80+40m dipole
Writelog and Microham USB II interface

Until the next one...

CQ CONTEST!
Eric YN2GY