[3830] WPX CW K8AJS SOSB15 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jbastin@sssnet.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW K8AJS SOSB15 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 19:14:07 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: K8AJS
Operator(s): K8AJS
Station: K8AJS

Class: SOSB15 LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 17:30

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:  245
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

First time I've done SOSB(15) in this contest, wasn't the most exciting
experience, thanks to the CME and geo conditions. The beginning Friday night
looked promising, and then I got up Saturday morning to listen to the band
hissing at me. A look at geomagnetic conditions showed the reason: starting the
day with a K index of 6 and then spending the rest of the day at 5 delivered
little to nothing in 15-meter propagation at this latitude.

I had made 40 QSOs in the first hour of the contest on Friday evening before
quitting for the night, by the 100-QSO point on Saturday (about 3:30 PM) I
threw it in for the day. My sons were here and spending time with the family
seemed like it would be a lot more enjoyable than trying to generate
propagation where there was none.

Sunday was a little better, but not much. I started in the morning and stuck it
out, trying to get whatever I could from what was available. Late morning I was
hearing Europeans, but very few of them were hearing me. Late afternoon I
worked a few Pacific stations, not nearly as many as I would have liked. JA was
a no-show here.

Thanks to all for the contacts, let's hope for better conditions and more
enjoyment, instead of frustration, next time.

Rigs: Mostly FT1000MP, used the FT2000 for a while just for variety.
Antenna: 3-el quad
Software: WriteLog 10.73d