[3830] WPX CW WT5R(W5ZL) SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w5zl@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW WT5R(W5ZL) SOAB QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 19:31:39 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: WT5R
Operator(s): W5ZL
Station: W5ZL

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 14.0

------------
  160:    1
   80:    2
   40:   68
   20:  187
   15:   56
   10:   55
------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

This is always a fun contest. Missed Friday evening completely due to travel
back from a biz trip, and much of the days Saturday and Sunday attending to an
ill-timed "washing machine crisis". Used my KD1JV ATS3-B Altoids radio Saturday
until time to try 160 (the ATS3-B covers 15-80), then switched for the rest of
the contest to my IC-703. The 703's receiver is not nearly as good as the ATS3,
but its C-IV computer interface turned me into a genuine couch potato. Thanks to
all for suffering through my peanut whistle signal. I'm sure QRP isn't half as
much fun at the other end - I truly appreciate your straining to pull me out of
the mud.

Rig: ATS3-B and IC-703, 5 watts.
Antennas: Tennadyne T-11 LPDA at 51 feet for 10-20, W9INN multi-band dipole for
40-160.
Logging software: N1MM