[3830] WPX CW KH7B(K4XS) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, CQTESTK4XS@AOL.COM
Subject: [3830] WPX CW KH7B(K4XS) SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 22:06:36 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: KH7B
Operator(s): K4XS
Station: KH7XS

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Big Island, HI
Operating Time (hrs): 36

------------
  160:    0
   80:   22
   40:  802
   20:  679
   15:  484
   10:   47
------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Set out to break the Oceania Low Power Record, which was 3.3M.

The weekend was full of surprises...

First the bad. I had figured getting around 1800 Qs and 600 mults.  I passed
the first estimate on Qs but fell woefully short on mults.  I didn't figure to
run loads of EU on 20, but only worked a dozen of them....big guns.  This left
the huge bank of EU mults untouched, and I got killed on the mults with only
538.  As lamented by everyone on the west coast condx were terrible to EU.

Now the good.  40 surpassed my wildest expectations and I wound up with more Qs
this year on that band than I did with high power last year.  800 6-pointers
helped to bolster the score.  The JA run Saturday night was killer.  10 opened
late Sunday and provided some QSos with west coast and South America.

Usually Sunday afternoon is pretty slack and is an endurance contest.  Several
80+ hours on 15 band were a big surprise.

A suggestion was made about cut numbers.  If everyone used the same system it
would be great.  Trying to figure out what a guy is sending with QRM, QSB is a
challenge when you don't know whether a zero is going ot be sent as five dahs,
three dahs as in "O" or a cut zero, dah. Now throw in a few extra dits or dahs
depending on the skill of the op.  Let's see, he sent three dits and three dahs
for that character.  What the hell was that, a two or a three?  My favorite is
when the guy sends his number twice for repeat and sends two different numbers.
 Is he trying to confuse me, unable to make up his mind, or has he had too many
beers?

Congrats to YN2GY for the fine effort on LP.