[3830] WPX CW ND2T(@W6YX) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW ND2T(@W6YX) M/2 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 23:52:49 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: ND2T
Operator(s): ND2T,KZ2V,K6OWL,N6DE,W6LD,W6RK,N7MH
Station: W6YX

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:    5
   80:  406
   40:  960
   20: 1146
   15:  598
   10:  172
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Big thanks to Tom, ND2T, for organizing our effort and letting us use his
callsign.  Thanks also to the other W6YX club members who helped to fix
amplifiers and feedlines that were not working when we operated in the WPX SSB
contest.

Shortly after the contest start we learned that the problem we'd had with our
6-element 20-meter Yagi in WPX SSB had not been fixed.  It was still generating
broadband hash when pointed in some directions so the C31XR became our only
rotatable antenna for 20 meters.  A fixed 5-element 20-meter Yagi on a 30-foot
pole pointing toward the eastern US was used for most North and South American
Q's.

We thought our problem with working into Europe was because we didn't have our
big 20-meter beam, but apparently everyone else on the west coast was also
having that problem.  We managed to find a few spotlight openings on 20, one to
the Baltics and Scandinavia, others to Russia, Ukraine, and Sicily (but not
Italy).  Other than these few openings we only worked the big guns.

40 meters was definitely the band for accumulating points and 3254 of our 7239
QSO points were on 40.  I've included our QSO breakdown by continent and
country below.

73,
-Mike, N7MH

          160M    80M    40M    20M    15M    10M   Total      %

    NA       4    290    542    903    457    151    2347    71.4
    AS       0     89    349     92     62      0     592    18.0
    SA       0     13     31     36     55     20     155     4.7
    EU       0      0      1     92      4      0      97     3.0
    OC       1     13     33     17     18      1      83     2.5
    AF       0      1      4      6      2      0      13     0.4

          160M    80M    40M    20M    15M    10M   Total

    3W                            1                     1
    4L                            2                     2
    5B                            3                     3
    9A                     1      1                     2
    9Y                     1      1      1              3
    A7                            1                     1
    BV                     1      2      2              5
    BY              2      9      3      1             15
    CE              1      4      4      3      1      13
    CM                     2             1              3
    CT                            2                     2
   CT3              1      1      1                     3
    CX                     2      3      4      1      10
    DL                            5                     5
    E7                            1                     1
    EA                            6      1              7
   EA6                            1                     1
   EA8                     2      3      1              6
   EA9                            1                     1
    EI                            1                     1
    ER                            1                     1
    ES                            1                     1
    EU                            4                     4
     F                            2                     2
    FM                     1      1      1              3
    FY                                   1              1
     G                            3                     3
    HA                            2                     2
    HK                     1      2      2      1       6
    HL              2     10             2             14
    HR                            1                     1
    HS              1      4             1              6
     I                            1                     1
   IT9                            2      1              3
    JA             77    317     63     56            513
     K       4    262    474    785    410    137    2072
   KH0                     1             1              2
   KH2              1      2      1      2              6
   KH6       1      5      8      7      5      1      27
    KL              1      3     10                    14
   KP2              2      3      3      3             11
   KP4                     2      2                     4
    LA                            2                     2
    LU              2      8      6     17      5      38
    LX                            1                     1
    LY                            2                     2
    LZ                            1                     1
    OH                            4      1              5
   OH0                            2                     2
    OK                            2                     2
    OM                            2                     2
    OZ                            2                     2
    P4              1      1      3      4      1      10
    PA                            1                     1
   PJ2              1      2      2      2      2       9
    PY              6     11     14     18      9      58
    S5                            1                     1
    SP                            1                     1
    SV                            1                     1
    TF                            1                     1
    TI                     1      2      2              5
    UA                           21                    21
   UA2                            1                     1
   UA9              7      7     16                    30
    UN                            1                     1
    UR                           11                    11
    V2                     1                            1
    V5                                   1              1
    VE             23     48     90     33     13     207
    VK              3     11      3      4             21
  VK9L                     1                            1
    VR                     1                            1
    XE              1      4      7      4      1      17
    YB                     2             2              4
    YL                            2                     2
    YN              1      2      2      2              7
    YS                     1             1              2
    YU                            1      1              2
    YV              2      1      1      2              6
    ZL              4      8      6      4             22
    ZP                                   1              1
    ZS                     1      1                     2