[3830] WPX CW W0UA(@W0DLE) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0ua@aol.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW W0UA(@W0DLE) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 20:39:17 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: W0UA
Operator(s): W0UA
Station: W0DLE

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 34
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    9
   80:  109
   40:  419
   20:  838
   15:  327
   10:    5
------------

Club:

Comments:

It was a nice spring drive up to Chuck, W0DLE's place.  I even got up there a
day early.    Then the new 5/5 stack for 20 on a rotating tower that DLE had
worked his tail off to get finished...refused to rotate.  So we fixed it on
Europe.  Then the bands said 73 with a nice K of 5.  No Europe. Then the Alpha
78 said sayonara with tank-arcing.  Replaced with another 78.  Then the Ten-Tec
Centurion (500W) on the other rig said adios with a T/R relay failure.  So then
I was SO1R.  But then I couldn't work any DX.  Totals of 8 percent Europe and 7
percent JA.  So then I was just hoping for a clean sweep.  I knew that was
right-thinking when VY1EI dropped-in on Sunday afternoon.  But then my buddy
from high school years, Larry, K0RS, dropped by the DLE QTH & we had a nice
extended lunch and reunion.  DLE is a master chef on that grill!   But then...