[3830] WPX CW 4U10NPT(@4U1VIC) M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jk3gad@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW 4U10NPT(@4U1VIC) M/2 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 09:16:33 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: 4U10NPT
Operator(s): JH4RHF, JK3GAD
Station: 4U1VIC

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: Vienna
Operating Time (hrs): 45

------------
  160:
   80:  194
   40:  451
   20:  715
   15:  457
   10:  124
------------

Club:

Comments:

Equipment:
Station 1 : K3 (broken half way during the contest and replaced by IC756PROIII
)
Station 2 : FT1000MP (was K3 but radio did not communicate with PC so replaced
before the contest)
Antenna : Tribander + G5RV
No Packet, No amp.

As a preparation for upcoming WRTC in Moscow, we brought all our equipment to
4U1VIC station for testing and entered Multi 2 category, assuming we do not
need to change band more than 8 times during clock hour. We did not have good
start as my K3 is not working order and both antenna had a problem, only fixed
Saturday morning. Then Jun's K3 developed problem (front end) and need to be
replaced. Another problem is that we had severe RFI problem on 80m. I am not
sure how actual WRTC set up will be in terms of RFI inside tent.
We intentionally used special call "4U10NPT" as it would be a good practice for
WRTC since we will use unfamiliar call sign. We were surprised by the fact that
most of station copied our call sign correctly without asking us repeat. I
guess this is due to updated CTY and SCP files everyone is using and also most
of QSOs are second/third/fourth band QSO within EU so at that time most of
station remember our strange call sign.
Propagation was very poor, I did not hear many W/VE station and JA. I wish we
will have relatively better propagation in WRTC.
Thanks for working with us, see you on the air at next contest!

73 de Kazu  JK3GAD/M0CFW