[3830] AlQP NV4B SOMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kt4xa@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] AlQP NV4B SOMixed LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2010 06:49:02 -0700
                    Alabama QSO Party

Call: NV4B
Operator(s): NV4B
Station: NV4B

Class: SOMixed LP
QTH: Franklin County, AL
Operating Time (hrs): 9:54

  160:
   80:   54
   40:  146     69
   20:   75    108
   15:    2      2
   10:
--------------------
Total:  277    179  CW Mults = 43  Ph Mults = 37  Total Score = 58,640

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Conditions were about as rough as they could be for this one -- lots of QSB,
poor propagation on 20, QRN from thunderstorms on 40 late...  I think I wore
out the "?" key on my keyboard.  Things got really slow around the 2200Z mark,
plus we had a small storm (which, fortunately, didn't produce any lightning,
but I took no chances) so I ended up taking two hours off to go out to eat and
"recharge" for the final four hours.  Accordingly, my score is down about
13,000 points this year.

Many, many thanks to those who had the patience to work me.  I was particularly
hoping for some decent condx on 10 & 15 this year, but it wasn't to be.

I can't give Jim Johnson, KC4HW enough credit for making the Alabama QSO Party
into one of the bigger state parties.  The AQP is becoming a real "can't-miss"
event.  Credit is also due Tom Hardison, K4ZGB for the excellent job he's done
publicizing the AQP, and the rest of the Alabama Contest Group for their
support.  In fact, the AQP has drummed up an incredible amount of contest
activity in the state that didn't exist 10 years ago.  I managed the AQP myself
from 1999-2000, and had just 8 entries each time.  It looks like we had over 200
entries last year -- what an incredible turnaround!

Thanks again for all of the Q's, and I hope to hear you again next year!