[3830] WPX CW C4I(@5B4AIF) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW C4I(@5B4AIF) M/2 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 10:30:34 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: C4I
Operator(s): LZ1UK,LZ2HM,LZ3CQ,LZ3NY
Station: 5B4AIF

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: nr.PAPHOS
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:   77
   80:  607
   40: 1386
   20: 1326
   15: 1245
   10: 1307
------------

Club: LZ Contest Team

Comments:

Contest         : CQ World Wide WPX Contest
Callsign        : C4I
Mode            : CW
Category        : Multi Operator - Two Transmitter (M2)
Overlay         : ---
Band(s)         : All bands (AB)
Class           : High Power (HP)
Zone/State/...  : Asia
Locator         : KM64HV
Operating time  : 48h00

 BAND   QSO DUP  PFX  POINTS   AVG
-----------------------------------
  160    77   0    8     454  5.90
   80   607   2  159    3544  5.84
   40  1386   9  346    8066  5.82
   20  1326   2  233    3792  2.86
   15  1245   5  198    3551  2.85
   10  1307   2  133    3782  2.89
-----------------------------------
TOTAL  5948  20 1077   23189  3.90
===================================
     TOTAL SCORE : 24 974 553

Dupes are not included in QSO counts neither avg calculations

Operators       : LZ1UK,LZ2HM,LZ3CQ,LZ3NY
Soapbox         :

What a weekend ! Lotâ??s of fun!

        C4I Contest team for the CQ WPX CW Contest 2010 was formed by
LZ3CQ-Vesco
/also 5B4AIV/, LZ3NY-Mitko /also K8ZB/, LZ2HM-Andy and me LZ1UK-Savi. We were
happy that Mitko joined to our team for a first time.

Vesco and Mitko flew to Cyprus Tuesday. They had to prepare four ground planes
for the 4SQ for 80m band. They did a great job, under the hot summer sun of the
island and 30 deg C, even they had a sun burns on their faces and skin.

Andy and me, we flew Thursday, the top sections /5.5m/ of the GPs /thanks
LZ1JK/ and K3 transceiver were in our luggage. Norman/5B4AIE took us from
Paphos Airport and immediately we drove to the contest QTH.
Now with more members of the crew we continued to assemble the 4SQ and some
preparations with the equipments /thanks Andy â?? well done/.
        In the evening we had a nice dinner in a restaurant with some sea foods,
â??mousakaâ??, appetizing local Cyprian sauces and dressings for the
saladsâ?¦nice home made red wine on treat of the owner of the restaurant.
We discussed the usual HAMâ??s topics, also the tactic which we will follow
during the contest. The decision was to stay as long as possible on low bands
for six pointers from Europe and North America during the night, and during the
day to chase multipliers and contacts on higher bands. And to have fun!!!
Friday morning it took us some time to measure the ropes for the antennas and
we were ready to pick up the 4SQ around midday. It was our 3rd attempt to do
that and we hope to stay for winter season â?¦.Around 6:30pm we had 4SQ 80m
band assembled â?¦..
        Then we decided to finish with all , because equipment was ready and
working,
all the antennas were ready, including slopper to NW for 160m band, the 20KW
diesel generator /48 hours on generator â?? still no electricity on the contest
location / was ready too and there was enough fuel.
        Because we did not had a lunch during the whole day, we had a nice
dinner with
roasted chicken/thanks Norman, it was really delicious / and some vegetables
salad. We decided to work on eight hours shifts, and we went to have a sleep.
        And the show begunâ?¦good rates on 40m and 80m ,â?¦slowly 160mâ?¦during
both
days - nice openings on 15m and 10m.In my opinion 20m was not so crowded,
because everybody was on 15m and 10m.
        We had a great fun and we hope there will be a new Asian record
following last
year record.
        We would like to thank to all of you who call us during the contest.
Excuse us
for asking to repeat numbers and call signs, due to QRNâ?¦
        Thanks to Vesco for giving us advices for the construction of the
antennas,
great work on higher bands, paying our airplane tickets and fuel for the
generator.
        Thanks to LZ1RF for providing us less expensive air tickets. Thanks to
Norman
/ 5B4AIE for fueling the generator all the time and for his nice cooking.
Congratulation to PW7T,PJ2T,K1LZ,OM7M and LZ5R too â?¦ /YQ&FN we SWL on 3.764
:)/

        ALL THE BEST TO ALL FRIENDS AND THANKS ALL FOR CALLING US.
CU IN THE NEXT CONTESTS.
Equipments:

 160m â?? FT1000MV Field, ACOM 2000A@400w,slopper to NW, Inv Vee
  80m - FT1000MV Field, ACOM 2000A@400w, 4SQ
  40m â?? FT2000, ACOM 1000@400w, 4 el yagi monobander
  20m - FT2000, ACOM 1000@400w, 6 el yagi monobander , SteppIR 3 el
  15m - FT2000, ACOM 1000@400w, 6 el yagi monobander , SteppIR 3 el
  10m - FT2000, ACOM 1000@400w, 7 el yagi monobander , SteppIR 3 el

Elecraft K3, ORIONs, as a back up transceivers â?? not used at all.

NO SKIMMERS, NO MULTIPLIER TRANSMITTERS !!!

See you soon !!!

73! Savi / LZ1UK
on behalf of C4I Contest Team