[3830] BARTG 75 K0RC Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K0RC@CITLINK.NET
Subject: [3830] BARTG 75 K0RC Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 14:12:58 -0700
                    BARTG Sprint 75

Call: K0RC
Operator(s): K0RC
Station: K0RC

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 3.5

------------
   20:   99
   15:   16
   10:    0
------------
Total:  115  Mults = 36  Continents = 4  Total Score = 16,560

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

During the contest I made 116 contacts running SO1R and 300 Watts. I started on
20m running for the first 20 minutes with about a 65 Q/Rate. I then S&P to pick
up new calls before checking on 15m. There were only two station I heard and
worked at that time, AA5AU and K4GMH. I came back to 20m for some more S&P and
eventually settled down for another 20 minute run. During later S&P sessions I
received a couple of QSO B4 messages (when is that concept going to finally
die?) and I replied with NOT IN LOG - GOOD LUCK. In both cases the station came
back with a serial number. As everyone knows, this took longer than if they
would have simply sent a new serial number in the first place. Yes I know, I'm
preaching to the choir here. Apparently there was one other station that didn't
realize 40m was not part of the contest band plan, so that's where the sole 40m
contact came from! The last 45 minutes were spent running on 15 meters and a
final drop down to 20m for the last 4 contacts. By the end of the contest I had
fully acclimated to the higher speed and was feeling it was "normal". I can only
imagine how some operators felt when they returned to the last section of the
DRCG contest.

Overall I think this trial run of the SPRINT 75 was a success. I think the
4-hour format is "just right" although maybe a more favorable date(s) and times
might be selected. It felt like I ran out of stations to work at times, causing
the rate to suffer. That said, I think the turn out was excellent for a
first-time event. I would like to see two events like this each year.