[3830] ARRL June VHF NO5W Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF NO5W Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 21:30:53 -0700

  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  73     52  Total Score = 3,796

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

K3, 80/40/20/15/10m dipoles @25ft

Up until about two weeks ago my only experience on 6m was listening to QRN on
one of those yellow Gonset boxes sometime around 1959. Recently at the urging
of AC5K I decided to check out 6m and when I tuned up there a couple of weeks
ago there were actually signals and I worked a few!

Unfortunately I had to miss almost all of the June VHF Contest action on
Saturday due to a ham fest commitment in the Dallas area but when I returned to
Houston on Saturday night I found the band seemed to be in good shape -- with my
limited experience on 6m anytime there are signals it's in good shape:>)

So I spent a good part of Sunday tuning the bands and working stations and
having a great time, even running into some low band friends along the way.
Mostly I worked the midwest and east but did manage to work a VE and an XE.

Good bye Gooney box memories, I'll be giving six more attention in the future.
Thanks for the Qs.

73/Chuck/NO5W