[3830] ARRL June VHF K8MFO Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8mfo@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF K8MFO Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 03:51:58 -0700

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  300   123  Total Score = 36,900

Club: East Lansing DX Club

Comments:

Another ALL CW entry!   How's that for tying 3 hands behind my back score wise?
Of course the FUN FACTOR was PRICELESS.   The conditions were pretty decent,
with most areas of the country heard during my limited operation.   I believe
that the Pacific North West and stations in that direction (Dakotas, etc) were
the only hold outs.      At times the W6 and southern W7 signals were
incredible.   Very little DX on CW in Ohio -- one European (CT1HZE) and WP3,
CO8, XE2, and PV8.   Perhaps one or two others that I've forgotten.

300 contacts may not be a lot, but I can remember the days when you would be
lucky to make 50 CW QSOs on 6 meters.   Thanks to all of the manufacturers who
have now inclluded The Magic Band on their radios, and to all of the folks who
feed RF into whatever will load.   Hope that a few morewill plug their keys in
next year and listen below 50.100.

Elecraft K3 -  T E Systems brick at 300 watts

Ariane Arrays 7 element YAGI on a 29 foot boom, up 26 feet.

Thanks for all of the CW fun.

73

Don K8MFO