[3830] All Asian CW VA7ST SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] All Asian CW VA7ST SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 20:42:30 -0700
                    All Asian DX Contest, CW

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 6

  160:
   80:
   40:   36    23
   20:   91    60
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  127    83  Total Score = 10,541

Club: British Columbia DX Club

Comments:

SFI=69  A=2  K=1

* FT-2000 + SB221
* 3 element SteppIR @ 27'
* 40M SteppIR dipole @ 27'

Managed to get in 6 hours, but mostly in short installments over the weekend.
Conditions were not good at any time. Perhaps the best short opening to JA was
on 40M around 1300z Saturday morning.

20M seemed open to JA all weekend, but I could tell they were mostly pointing
at EU, not NA. Worked a lot more UA Asian stations this year that in the past.
Also netted a few new ones, including XU7 on 20M.

15M was dead here every time I checked it.

Score and mults are up from any previous year, so I'm happy despite what seemed
like a tough weekend searching for stations to work.

Year   Qs   Mult   Score
2010  127     83  10,541 HP
2009: 110     56   6,048 HP
2008: 119     68   8,092 HP