[3830] IARU W4AN(K4BAI) SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4bai@att.net
Subject: [3830] IARU W4AN(K4BAI) SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 17:24:03 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: W4AN
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: W8JI

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: GA/USA
Operating Time (hrs): 23:15

  160:    11     0      3        2
   80:    31     8      7       11
   40:   702    92     29       33
   20:   587   236     28       43
   15:   266    89     28       30
   10:   101    10     12       10
-------------------------------------
Total:  1698   435    107      129  Total Score = 1,531,168

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Many thanks to Tom, W8JI, for allowing me to use his FB station.  And sincere
apologies for damaging the amp on 20M with about 45 minutes left in the
contest.  I lost about 45 minutes of operating time due to problems with the
N1MM logging program.  It had an obscure function checked that resulted in all
SSB contacts being logged as CW contests.  Finally W8JI and KU8E figured out
the problem and I was able to log on the proper mode.  The score represents
about a 400,000 point improvement over a similar effort in the 2008 contest
from the K1TO station.  Conditions were in many ways much better this year, but
most of the difference probably is in the extra frequencies I can use after
finally passing the Extra.  The 2008 effort was SO2R and this year's was not,
so higher scores could have been achieved.

It was great to work many of the WRTC competitors.  Two were worked on 15M and
many more on 20M.  Didn't hear any on the other bands.  It made up somewhat for
not being there in person for the first time since 1996.

Hope this operation using the SECC contest call W4AN made us all remember my
WRTC partner in 1996 and 2002, Bill Fisher, W4AN.

Thanks for all QSOs.  73, John, K4BAI.