[3830] IARU VE3AP(LU7DW) SO SSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU VE3AP(LU7DW) SO SSB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 19:21:37 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: VE3AP
Operator(s): LU7DW
Station: VE3RM

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH: L'Orignal, ON
Operating Time (hrs): 22
Radios: SO2R

  160:   0        7     2        2
   80:   0       43     7       13
   40:   0      516    27       31
   20:   0     1109    36       43
   15:   0      180    18       18
   10:   0      127     8       11
-------------------------------------
Total:   0     1982    98      118  Total Score = 1,638,576

Club:

Comments:

All reports sent were 59 04, unless otherwise noted.

Equipment Description:

Run: Yaesu FT1000D, Alpha 87
S&P: Kenwood TS-950SDX, Alpha 76A

Antennas: Bencher Skyhawk @ 24 m, TH4 1/2 @ 24m ,
40: Cushcraft XM240 @ 26m, 80:Inverted V , 160: T with 8 radiales

Pc: Pentium 166MHz, DOS 6.2, CT 10.04, DVK K1EA, Heil ProSet plus

First al all I want to thanks to Don VE3RM, to give me the chance to operate
IARU from his super station and also thanks to VA3NPL, VA3YOJ and VE3TKN to
came on Saturday afternoon to repair the 160 meter's antenna.

I wanted to operated this contest because of WRTC, as I was Argentina's
team leader in WRTC 2000 (S522R) and Finland (OJ1C), I know the feeling
of this event, and being in the contest, I'm feeling myself like being in
WRTC itself.

We have electrical storm all the Saturday, the very high QRN, really hurt my
score, I couldn't have a run on 80 meter and even 40 was very noise, I need to
ask for a lot of repetition to work my only R3 in 40 SSB, it was R31N (sorry
guys). In total I've worked 23 R3-WRTC's station. It was very nice to run EU in
10 meters again, last time I did it was in 2004 !

Thanks to YV5AJ, YS1YS, LU2AH and XE1LM for changing the band to give me the
multiplier following my request, speaking spanish helps.

See you in next contest

73, Claudio VE3AP-VE2DWA-LU7DW