[3830] IOTA VO1HP SO24CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, fdavis@nfld.net
Subject: [3830] IOTA VO1HP SO24CW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 07:38:07 -0700
                    IOTA Contest

Call: VO1HP
Operator(s): VO1HP
Station: VO1HP

Class: SO24CW LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:    0       0       0        0
   40:    0       0       0        0
   20:   71      15       0        0
   15:    0       0       0        0
   10:    0       0       0        0
Total:   71      15       0        0  Total Score = 6,795

Club:

Comments:

Had planned to participate full time from ocean side summer location but
disaster struck!...My 33ft 40/20M vertical snapped into two pieces in a gale on
Friday.  Decided to use my center fed 80M with OWL and an AT120 autotuner.
Unfortunately the tuner would only tune the dipole on 14mhz and above!....and
not only that the power from the rig was reduced to approx 60% on 14mhz.  Heard
no sigs on 15M or 10M.   Discouraged - I plodded on but was easily distracted by
other activities ongoing outside in the bright sunshine!....

Rig....IC7200 + K1EL Keyer
Ant....Center fed 80M dipole OWL apex at 14m  (approx 50M from ocean
Autotuner....AT120 - Back to basics next year with only self resonant antennas!