[3830] NAQP CW K3STX Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k3stx@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K3STX Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 06:42:25 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: K3STX
Operator(s): K3STX
Station: K3STX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 7.5

  160:    4     4
   80:  118    38
   40:  180    44
   20:   83    29
   15:   22    12
   10:
-------------------
Total:  407   127  Total Score = 51,689

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC 1

Comments:

I have not put up my winter inverted L for 160 yet, I wish I had. There were
lots of mults there. I just loaded up my COAX FED 80 meter vertical for 160 for
a few "easy" mults. I but that arcing I heard in my poor old MFJ tuner doesn't
think those mults were so easy. Went to 10 meters occassionally, never heard a
peep, was at the pool playing till 2000Z, might have missed it.
I look at my score and those of the big boys and always notice that my QSO
numbers are "in the ballpark" on 40 and 80, but I get crushed on 20 and 15. I
guess the old dipole 40 feet high just doesn't do the job on 20 or 15.

I thought 80 was REALLY noisy, even more than I expected for summer. I was
hoping that the final 3 hours would be a bonanza of 80, not really to be, I ran
out of people to work. BUT I had fun and ran into lots of old friends.

Paul
TS-850S, N1MM logger, 20/40 meter fan dipole up 40' and 80 meter wire vertical
(and new Begali Simplex and Kent TP-1 paddles)