[3830] NAQP CW NR5M(K5GA) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW NR5M(K5GA) Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 08:03:23 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: NR5M
Operator(s): K5GA
Station: NR5M

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:   60    25
   80:  109    39
   40:  286    58
   20:  332    57
   15:  189    44
   10:   84    26
-------------------
Total: 1060   249  Total Score = 263,940

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Team: Summertime Blues Cure #1

Comments:

Mucho thanks go to N6TV for working with me on the phone for over an hour last
weekend getting Win-Test to function " properly " for SO2R. THANK YOU BOB !!
Being my first time to try it I think I did ok but still fumbled around which
cost me some Qs. However, I figured out how to handle the awkward methods used
by this program well enough to make it worthwhile. TRlog it is NOT !! Or, maybe
I'm just too old to learn new tricks. I find Win-Test to be an excellent program
but it would be superior in my opinion if those guys would only spend more time
on the SO2R functionality...( hint....ALT-D from TRlog !! )

My game plan was to work 10 and 15 as hard as possible for multipliers knowing
it would cost me in my Q total overall. Propagation seemed to favor this
strategy this time out.

Thanks to all the stations that moved for me, especially XE2K, ZF2DO, VE2XAA,
KO7X, NP2X in particular who did multiple band QSYs for me. Moving multipliers
is what makes NAQP so much fun and I am very appreciative for these guys to
take the time out of their operating for me.

Thanks to Kenny for the grub this weekend and to George for allowing me to use
the station once again even though I smoked a radio last weekend....send me the
bill George !