[3830] NAQP CW K4RO Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4ro@k4ro.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K4RO Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 09:43:39 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: K4RO
Operator(s): K4RO
Station: K4RO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:   84    26
   80:  214    45
   40:  278    50
   20:  232    48
   15:   66    24
   10:   35    14
-------------------
Total:  909   208  Total Score = 189,072

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Team: TCG #1

Comments:

This contest was pretty much a struggle from start to finish.
It's been a while since I've been in had a contest where I just
felt like a rookie all over again. Nothing seemed to go right,
and I guess I was due for some Murphy time. Low lights included:

- Working until 4AM the night before the contest, and not being well rested
- A call from my #1 business client in the middle of the contest
- A solar flare eruption in the middle of the contest
- A failed band decoder which limits antenna switching flexibility
- Huge intermittent grinding noise which wiped out entire bands at a time
- The Dah lever on my paddle broke off in the middle of the contest
- Wound up CQing on 3500.0 while trying to repair the paddle while running
- Left radio quit working and shut down two times during the contest
  etc. etc.

Oh well, maybe I'll be more prepared next time. Some things did go right,
including some great moves that were very successful. Thanks to all of
those who tried to QSY. The NAQP remains one of my favorite contests,
with non-stop action from start to finish. CU next time.

73 Kirk K4RO

Log submitted. Confirmation No.: 674306354cbe2193.