[3830] NAQP CW W0BH Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0bh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW W0BH Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 12:07:32 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:   57    26
   80:  121    40
   40:  201    44
   20:  259    47
   15:  125    29
   10:   74    23
-------------------
Total:  837   209  Total Score = 174,933

Club:

Team: Summertime Blues Cure #3

Comments:

Just got the station back together again after a summer trip, and even put up a
separate 10m vertical on the roof for SO2R (that was optimistic, I'll admit) ..
but it paid off!  Off the top, 10m was short-skip and loud to the east, and kept
things interesting all the way to the end.

15 was good east, but couldn't break the 30 mult barrier.  As expected, 20 and
40 were the money bands, and even 80 and 160 came through although the
summertime QRN was pretty high.  With an hour to go, I still had a half hour
off, so decided to work the last half hour and see if I could pick up some more
west coast on 80 and 160.  The idea was good and I did get some more mults, but
will have to figure out whether giving up a really good rate was worth it.

Overall, I worked 492 unique stations, 49 states (missed ND), worked BC AB MB
ON QC NS NB north of the border, and KP2 and XE south.  WB8JUI was my only 6
band success, but worked 11 stations on 5 bands :

AA8IA K3CR K8MM N8BJQ N8II NC4KW VE3DZ VE3EJ VE3EY VE3KZ and VE3OI.

Most of those missed me on 80m. I went there a bit early perhaps, then spent
more time on 40 and 160, using SO2R to pick up the 80 mults.  When I did get
back to run 80 I had good pileups, so should have done that sooner.

In any case, great summertime fun! I'm planning to be on for NAQP SSB in two
weeks.  That falls on our opening weekend at Hesston College, so will have to
see if I can make it full time.  Also hoping to work lots of you from the
mobile during the Kansas QSO Party the last weekend in August.

Thanks to all for the Qs!

73, Bob, w0bh