[3830] ARRL UHF K2QO/R Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, msadams60@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL UHF K2QO/R Rover LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 18:39:21 -0700
                    ARRL UHF Contest

Call: K2QO/R
Operator(s): K2QO
Station: K2QO

Class: Rover LP
QTH: Rover
Operating Time (hrs): 14

  222:  22      9
  432:  28      9
  903:   6      5
  1.2:  10      7
  2.3:   5      4
  3.4:   3      3
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  74     41  Total Score = 14,022

Club: Rochester VHF Group

Comments:

It was late Thursday when I discovered that I'd have the time to prep and do the
contest. Given the time constraints I built the rover as a lower 6 band affair
with one mast and rotor. Having never done more that a few Qs on 222 in this
contest I and no idea what to expect as far as activity and propagation. When
you add in the fact that this contest is only 24 hours, you run into logistics
issues regarding route planning. So, how did it all work out?

My first serious August UHF was a success! And a special thanks to VE3CRU/R,
VE3SMA/R, and the KA2LIM superstation guys, without whom this contest would
have been a bust.

Special mention goes to W3OAB. To provide me with 222 Qs, John took his
milliwatt HT, donned his tower climbing equipment, and climbed his tower! This
is serious ham dedication. Thanks John!

73,
K2QO/R