[3830] WAE CW W1WBB Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wbliss1@cox.net
Subject: [3830] WAE CW W1WBB Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 22:20:22 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: W1WBB
Operator(s): W1WBB
Station: W1WBB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: RI
Operating Time (hrs): 18

   80:    4     0     8
   40:  107   103    78
   20:  227   244    70
   15:   19     9    26
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total:  357   356   182  Total Score = 129,766

Club: CT RI Contest Group

Comments:

(Band Mult "Bonus Factor" of 4X on 80m, 3x on 40m and 2x on 20m-10m included in
Mults figures above)

Great fun...really enjoyed the format of non-EU only works EU and vice-versa.
Nice to have EU stns listening for non-EU DX here in NA.

First time with QTCs...N1MM Logger made it easy and fun.  Amazed at the many
great EU ops doing the terrific copying...especially those having no repeats
with the maximum 10 QTC exchanges -- FB!!

Nice to close out the final available QTCs in the last minute of the contest.
I completed 62 total QTC series.

20m to EU on Sat did not open real well until later in the day.  Sunday seemed
a little better for condx earlier in the day and throughout on 20m.  Seems 15m
was worse Sunday and neither day gave up many Q's on that band to my wire
antenna.  Some mild storm QRN on 40m but 80m was, as expected, too noisy.

A number of expected EU mults were missing all weekend...surprising for a 48 hr
contest span, especially for an event known as Worked All Europe.  Worked 35 of
this year's possible 74 WAE entities.  Interesting to see the lower serial #
counts for EU stns who are unable to work each other in this one.

Many thanks to our EU friends for the Q's, QTCs and fun!

--Icom IC-737
--88' Doublet, 10-80m (acting as EDZ on 20m) up @ 50' broadside to EU
--N1MM Logger

73,  Bill W1WBB