[3830] WAE CW N3RD(@N3RS) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n3rd@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WAE CW N3RD(@N3RS) M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 17:38:16 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: N3RD
Operator(s): N3RD,N3RS,W8FJ
Station: N3RS

Class: M/S HP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 48

   80:  104    10   104
   40:  585   490   129
   20:  909  1150   100
   15:  444   280    86
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total: 2042  1930   419  Total Score = 1,664,268

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Rigs:  2 x K3, Acom 2000A, Alpha 89

80m:  Rotary dipole at 145'
40m:  4 el OWA at 140'
20m:  5/5/5 Stack
15m:  5/5/5 Stack

We tried hard to not miss the opportunities on 80m, but couldn't seem to get
much going there, and kept going back to 40.  Everything worked great, and the
once persistent line noise was not in evidence this weekend, making copy of the
very weakest signals possible...and there were many of them on 15m.

The 15m opening on Saturday was exciting, but it was a nail biter listening to
the New Englanders running stations that we couldn't even hear before it
opened.  Both days, the band opened about 1-1/2 hours after New England.
Similarly for 20.  Such is life.

We kept looking for an Es opening on 10m, but there was nothing there.

Although we made no real attempt to delay sending QTCs, we did sent "LTR" a bit
too often and found ourselves in a QTC glut on Sunday, when we started asking
every caller to take QTCs.  Many obliged, but we still ended with more than 100
left over.

Congratulations to the teams at K1LZ and KC1XX.  That is quite a race for the
top spot.  It's a pleasure to compete with you guys.

Many thanks to DARC for sponsoring a really FB contest, and to all the fine
European operators who call us year after year (eg. S56A!).  Great fun!

73 - Dave N3RD