[3830] NAQP SSB KB9OWD Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ryantiff@charter.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB KB9OWD Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 22:55:28 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: KB9OWD
Operator(s): KB9OWD
Station: KB9OWD

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:
   80:   88    28
   40:  276    49
   20:  322    34
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  686   111  Total Score = 76,146

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team:

Comments:

What happened to 10 and 15?  Not a peep heard on either band with the exception
of a very weak W6TA who could not hear me on 15.

Felt good throughout this one and felt loud a majority of the time.  Hours 1
and 2 were each in the triple digits on 20.  Had good rate also on 40 and a
good opening with 40 open coast to coast about 0200Z.  80 and 160 were high
noise.  Managed to pull out some strong ones while CQing on 80, but know I
missed some.  The QRN was 20 over at some points on 80 so sorry if I missed
you.  Tried one move with a WI station and one with N8NA to 160 and neither
worked, noise was just way too high.

Probably half or so of the moves I attempted worked.  Only move to 15 was an
attempt with N8II which didn't pan out and noting I was hearing nothing there I
didn't try moving anything else off 20 that way.  Some successful moves from 40
to 80 and vise versa with good results for double mults.

One thing I noted was the number of unique calls.  Even late, alot (a majority
of) those calling in were still unique calls for the contest.  Don't know if
that reflects on activity but was just something I noted in the back of my
mind.

Never heard HI (I searched 20 hard but never came across one).  Also never
heard a RI station.  Heard but didn't work the one and only WY I came across
early on 20, just couldn't get in sync with him.  Other than that, all states
in the log at least once.  NA DX = VP9 on 20.
Thanks to all for the qso's!

73,

Ryan KB9OWD