[3830] SARTG K8AJS SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jbastin@sssnet.com
Subject: [3830] SARTG K8AJS SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 14:03:26 -0700
                    SARTG WW RTTY Contest

Call: K8AJS
Operator(s): K8AJS
Station: K8AJS

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 21.5

   80:   23   225    12
   40:   79   930    36
   20:  205  2780    79
   15:   31   445    25
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total:  337  4380   152  Total Score = 665,760

Club:

Comments:

This was a fun contest, even though propagation left a lot to be desired.
Breaking the 24 hours up into three segments of 8 hours each is a real help to
us older folks who have a hard time doing 24 hours in one stretch anymore.

20 meters was the bread and butter band, as it has been for the last few years,
but 40 meters and 15 meters made some nice contributions to the total. 25
multipliers in 31 QSOs on 15 meters, particularly, was a helpful addition.

Congratulations to Nigel for an outstanding effort. Great to see you in RTTY
contesting, Nigel!

Almost ALL of my QSOs were from search and pounce; I tried calling CQ a few
times, but the propagation just wouldn't turn my LP signal into something loud.
I made two QSOs calling CQ, all the rest were "dig 'em out." I did what I could
to pull in as many multipliers as possible - that always helps the score.

One of these days, we'll have some propagation again, and then this contest
will be a real shootout! I can't wait for that to happen.

Rig: FT1000MP
Antennas: 3 el quad, 204-foot G5RV
Software: WriteLog 10.73D