[3830] Rus RTTY VA7ST SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Rus RTTY VA7ST SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 23:14:05 -0700
                    Russian RTTY WW Contest

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 6

   80:    1     5     1
   40:   33   165     3
   20:  119   850    39
   15:    1    10     1
   10:
-------------------------
Total:  154  1030    44  Total Score = 45,320

Club:

Comments:

Figured I'd try this one again with low power. Didn't get close to last year,
but would have with another hour or two on the air.

Last Monday I found my shack computer dead. Power supply failed, so installed a
new one that evening. Then discovered the PCI 4-serial-port card wasn't being
recognized, after two years of trouble-free use. As I write this, the NetMos
drivers still won't stay resident on restart, so I ran most of my Russian RTTY
time with my "Plan B": a pair of USB-to-serial cables, which worked perfectly
the entire time. I just like using serial COM ports without EXTFSK in the loop.

Apologies to KOJJR and anyone else who got caught when my computer froze up on
me, with no recourse but to reboot.

Friday night's attempts at fixing the PCI card problem meant I missed almost
all of 40M primetime, and late that night 80M activity was so threadbare you
could see through it. Saturday 20M was up and down to Europe -- better early in
the day -- and pretty lousy to most of North America. Just one JA worked on
20M.

One highlight was my very first QSO on Friday afternoon at the start: P49X on
15M... wasn't until after I worked him that I realized the RF Power control on
the FT-2000 was set at minimum (5W). Good ears down there Ed! Thanks for my
only 15M QSO and mult.

-- Bud VA7ST

September-10    SOABLP  154     44      45,320
September-09    SOABLP  174     51      63,750
September-08    SOABHP   81     12       5,160
September-07    SOABHP  242     62      92,690
September-06    SOABLP  201     34      38,590
September-04    SOABLP   24      3       3,240