[3830] All Asian SSB K3FIV SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k3fiv@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] All Asian SSB K3FIV SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 17:14:46 -0700
                    All Asian DX Contest, SSB

Call: K3FIV
Operator(s): K3FIV
Station: K3FIV

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: CA CM88eu
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:
   40:
   20:  48     31
   15:  44     24
   10:
-------------------
Total:  92     55  Total Score = 5,060

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Just scanned the bands occasionally to see who I could work with 100w and a
dipole.  Found 15 open for a while, but mostly 20 was where to be on Saturday.
Band conditions didn't seem very good.  Even the JAs, who are normally very
loud, seemed much weaker than usual.  Worked mostly JAs, with some Russians,
and a miscellaneous Taiwan, South Korean, and Malaysia station.  One contact to
the western side of Asia - Cyprus too.  All in all it was fun to S&P, but it
seemed like there wasn't as much activity as expected.   Late Sunday 15 meters
was pretty good, lots of stations but mostly JA and mostly already in the log.
Didn't hear anything on 10.  Also nothing on 40 or 80 - probably because I was
asleep when those bands were usable to Asia.  73 from the California coast!

Rig: Flex-3000, 100 watts, Heil Pro-set Plus, Carolina Windom @ 12 meters,
about 1 km from the ocean.
/Jack