[3830] TnQP N4Q(N2WN) SO Mobile QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TnQP N4Q(N2WN) SO Mobile QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 04:33:16 -0700
                    Tennessee QSO Party

Call: N4Q
Operator(s): N2WN
Station: N4Q

Class: SO Mobile QRP
QTH: CLAI, UNIO, KNOX, GR
Operating Time (hrs): 2

  160:
   80:
   40:   54     4              21
   20:   27                    11
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  222:
  432:
-----------------------------------
Total:   81     4       0      32  Total Score = 8,032

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Well, the weather was absolutely GORGEOUS in Eastern Tn this year. After the
Summer we have been having this was wonderful. Actually wished I was on one of
the boats *sigh*

N8NA and WB8JUI caught me in all four counties with K1GQ, K5LH & N5AU as
threepeats.

Picked a new spot to start from, slightly further away and waaaaay up on a high
point in CLAI, not sure if it was the improvement or the propagation, either way
I'll take it. Worked a few more people and with ease.

Changed spots in UNIO as well, there are a LOT of power lines along and
crossing my route, not to mention serious hairpin turns. There is one small
patch that is kinda out in the open, but much road noise to contend with, plus
my computer charger decided to kick in some RFI. But once again, went easier
and more calls were logged.

Knox an Grainger are "easy", nice spots on either side of the line to sit in
the open for a few. Caught Pat, W4PV off guard with two counties back to back.

MUCH better score than last year, 25 more QSOs and 10 more multipliers as
scored by n1mm.

Rig was an Elecraft K3 to a Hustler triband fold over mast with HB matching
xfmr and balun, with vintage coils.

Thanks everyone for the participation, patience and persistence!

72,
Julius
n4q/n2wn