[3830] NCCC Sprint K0EU LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rkmassoc@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K0EU LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 21:00:43 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Sep 10

Call: K0EU
Operator(s): K0EU
Station: K0EU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:   6      5
   40:  22     19
   20:  16     13
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  44     37  Total Score = 1,628

Club:

Comments:

My score should be considered a "check" score.  For whatever reason, N1MM logged
the first twenty minutes or so of my QSO's as either on 1815 or 3538, even
though the log entry window titles were showing correct frequencies.  I knew I
was switching back and forth between 20 and 40, and I started on 20, so I
deduced that the 1815 was 20 meters and the 3538 was 40 meters.  I decided to
try the "ping pong" approach and to do alternating CQs, vs last weeks strategy
of trying to work the tail end of the 2nd QSO to get "couplets".  Last week I
got beat out in jump balls more often than not, and also found that only about
50 percent of the time would the 2nd part of the couplet be completed without
having to call CQ a time or two. Not very productive, but still good for almost
50 QSOs.  Ping-pong worked great tonight between 20 and 40, but I sure did a lot
of QLFing and I'm sure pissed more than a few people off.  Sorry WD0T and others
who gave up on me when I didn't come back.  Someday I'll get my act together.
Where it totally fell apart is when I tried ping ponging between 40 and 80.  80
was REALLY noisy and I could hardly hear the stations that were coming back.
I'll try this all over again tomorrow night.  I'll download an earlier version
of N1MM, and maybe the thunderstorms will take a night off!  73 Randy K0EU (aka
Ken).