[3830] NA Sprint CW KU5B(@NX5M) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, colin@ku5b.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW KU5B(@NX5M) LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 07:53:03 -0700
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: KU5B
Operator(s): KU5B
Station: NX5M

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Somerville, TX
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   69
   40:  104
   20:  106
---------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team: Dashers

Comments:

Thanks for the great fun. I enjoy this contest a whole lot.

First, I'd just like to point out that I need to remember that daylight savings
time happens. NX5M and I worked on antennas all day keeping in mind that the
contest starts at 6pm central....well, at least it does in February.

I got in the shack all ready to go and 2300z rolled around and I heard nobody.
A frantic check to the NCJ site yielded the news that I was an hour early. So,
my dad went to get dinner and I un-wound only to wind back up <1hr later.

Thanks to Bob for letting me use the shack again for this. He got on from his
home station and worked a couple of y'all. Big antennas = big fun.

At least I'm becoming consistent. This score is -1Q and +1 mult from February.
I got pretty worried when I called N9CK and he was +10Q's! Speaking of LP guys,
great job y'all. I gained and lost rhythms pretty frequently this time. This was
also the first time I'd seen the meter peg as K8MM on 20m did.

The last 5 minutes was my downfall. I didn't work a single Q. I called at least
10 guys (mostly CA) and either got beat out or they couldn't hear me. Super
frustrating. But, I'm still pleased with the result.

Thanks to NCJ and Jim for setting up the teams. Thrilling fun as always.

Colin "Bob" KU5B