[3830] WAE SSB LY5W Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ly5w.sam@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WAE SSB LY5W Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 17:10:32 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: LY5W
Operator(s): LY5W
Station: LY5W

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: KO15TA, Kriemala
Operating Time (hrs): 30

   80:   24    30    17
   40:   49   154    32
   20:   94   205    53
   15:   80   345    33
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total:  247   735   336  Total Score = 329,952

Club:

Comments:

After two weeks in hospital tried to work this event. I don't need any rest or
vacation. Best rest was in my "rancho" - contest house about 26km from city in
big forest and biggest river NEMUNAS in Lithuania. I spent lot of time fishing,
and finding mushrooms. Many my "friends" talked, what can to make in position
little work with antenna's and amplifier. I have ALL band antenna's and several
dipoles. But after 1 year, nobody was helped. So any way I wanted to do like I
have now in my "shack":
Kenwood TS-850s, 80m - Dipole @ 26mH, 40m - 2el MOXON YAGI @ 3mH to USA,
20/15/10m - KLM KT34XA @ 6mH, not rotable whole year since YO DX Contest 2009
after BIG - VERY BIG TOWER CRASH. For RX also 2 beverages to USA & Japan - 240m
long. 80m antenna helped on 20m, and 160m antenna helped on 15m.
Biggest thrill was to work KH7C and AL9A, also VK3TDX when SWR was 3! Out mput
about 30 watts.
Best rate was 14 QSO/h, By % much QSO with Asia -37, NA -29, SA -25 percents.
All QSO'sere search and pounce - except 2 one'sn CQ!
This evening Liyhuania won basketball vs Sebia! We were very lucky!
73, and hope to see You in my lovely SAC CW Contest!
Sam LY5W also LY2BIM, and have license to work from Georgia 4L5WW till march
2011.