[3830] WAE SSB VK4LDX Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE SSB VK4LDX Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 01:21:06 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: VK4LDX
Operator(s): VK4LDX
Station: VK4LDX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Townsville QLD
Operating Time (hrs): 6

   80:    0    0      0
   40:    0    0      0
   20:   82   74     26
   15:   27   10     12
   10:    0    0      0
-------------------------
Total:  109   84     36  Total Score = 14,668

Club: VK Contest Club

Comments:

Only a very part time effort in between family commitments on both the Saturday
and Sunday. After locking myself away in the shack for the All Asia SSB contest
last weekend and with the same contest commitment approaching in back to back
weekends with CQWW RTTY and Oceania SSB, I figured I better allocate a couple
of non-contest weekends to my XYL!! However I was still able to steal myself
away to go sweep the bands for little 5 minute bursts, particularly in the late
afternoon/early evening on 15m. On the Sunday evening of the All Asia SSB
contest last weekend there were lots of strong Europeans around in the
0800-1100 period on 15m, but not this weekend. So I had to smirk at Murphyâ??s
little effort there, as long as he opens up the propagation for Oceania
weekend. It was great to work two new band countries for 15m, namely OH0 and
4O. I managed to get a little run for an hour on 20m which was a nice surprise
too. This year I even managed to send some QTCs to the big guns who had the big
antennas to pull out my little pop gun signal. See you all in CQWW RTTY