[3830] ARRL Sep VHF K9GY Single Op Port QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9gy@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF K9GY Single Op Port QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 12:51:35 -0700

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  206    53  Total Score = 13,303

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Congrats to N6NB. Those of us from the Midwest think that the east coast is the
place to be for VHF but N6NB showed it was the west coast for this one...wow!
Also congrats to N3IQ/rover. Brian was really burning up the bands!

Operated from Thorofare Mountain Overlook on Skyline Drive in Shenandoah
National Park at approx 3,550 feet. About a three and half hour drive (one-way)
from Langley AFB. Decided to do SO-portable instead of rover this time. LOTS of
people asking what I was doing...at times a distraction. One person thought I
was a google mapping person! Although did have nice visits from Scott AE4TC and
KB3IZH.

Thanks to Bob W4MYA for having a friendly QSO competition. I told him he would
have to sell his amps if I ended up with more QSO's, hah! Too bad I left the
222 xvtr back in Illinois!

My car was in the shop for repairs (ugh!)...so had the loaner car from the
dealer. Bad thing about these newer cars is you need to have the key in the
ignition for the cigarette lighter to have power. Fortunately the loaner car
had a moon roof (antenna support goes from cup holder out/through the moon
roof). Got some rain early Sunday morning (midnight until 2 or 3 am). So tried
to cover the moon roof opening. Finally had to pull the antenna support from
the car and close the moon roof. Sunday morning was cloudy but cleared up and
was a nice day. The CW paddle connection went bad about mid-day on Sunday.

Farthest grids: FN32 + FN12
No FM26 worked!

Yaesu FT-817
4L Arrow 2m yagi
3L Arrow 432 yagi
6m hamsticks in dipole configuration

Hope to work y'all in the Fall VHF Sprints!

CQ CONTEST!
Eric K9GY/4
Ft Monroe, VA