[3830] WAE SSB W8OHT Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE SSB W8OHT Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 18:36:51 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: W8OHT
Operator(s): W8OHT
Station: W8OHT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FT ASHBY WV
Operating Time (hrs): 3

   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------------
Total:  29    20     45  Total Score = 2,205

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

After years of no problems with my contest amplifier, age got to it.  While
troubleshooting it, I refuerbished the Variac and all 220 VAC wiring in HV
power supply.  Found a bad overload relay, a bad HV indicator, several marginal
wiring problems, and the culprit problem, a 6 KV .002 ufd capacitor that looked
prgnant.  No time for the WAE SSB contest, but took some for it anyway using my
ragchew amplifier.
Always enjoy sending the QTC's because I'm crazy I guess.  Lol. 73's, John