[3830] Salmon Run N2CU SOMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Salmon Run N2CU SOMixed LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 16:07:48 -0700
                    Washington State Salmon Run

Call: N2CU
Operator(s): N2CU
Station: N2CU

Class: SOMixed LP
QTH: NY
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:   29      1      1
   20:   58     26      2
   15:   11      4      0
   10:
    6:
----------------------------
Total:   98     31      3  Mults = 28  Total Score = 14,548

Club: Western NY DX Association

Comments:

Ran downriggers and dipsey divers with squid and dodgers, spoons and stickbaits
but just couldn't stir up many kings or cohos. Worked only one mobile, K7ED, in
three counties. C'mon fish-heads, you gotta have more mobile rigs than that!

Low bands were very noisy and didn't seem like anyone wanted to go to 15m where
it was more open than 20. Also disappointed at the lack of digital stations. I
heard fixed stations calling CQ endlessly on CW or SSB without answers when a
quick jaunt to RTTY would have produced big points for them. Oh well, it's
still better than watching Buffalo football ;^(

Look for me mobiling for the first time ever October 16-17 in the NYQP. I'll be
80-15 CW, SSB, RTTY and PSK31. Well, actually the second time mobiling - I did a
1/2 hour test run in the Colorado QP and worked everyone I heard on 20m.

K3/100, TH6DXX 48', 2x40m slopers with new delta loop reflector, N1MM, Green
Heron Engineering Radio Boss.

73,
Tom N2CU <><
K3 #3582