[3830] CQ WW RTTY VE3RCN SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY VE3RCN SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 18:25:57 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: VE3RCN
Operator(s): VE3RCN
Station: VE3RCN

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Welland, ON
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   21   40       2       2    11
   40:   40   83       5       5    23
   20:   45  112      22      10    15
   15:   10   27       6       6     3
   10:
Total:  116  262      35      23    52  Total Score = 28,820

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

I want to hire VE3UZ to set up my TS2000 with N1MM too! Kathy recommends you.
I lost my settings that we had worked on up at the CCO BBQ. I could not sync
with anyone. I had to drag the band scope down to my two bars to decode
signals...but then I was way off freq for transmitting. After fiddling for a
bit, I knew ham radio used 2125 for a Mark. I lowered N1MM down to 1700 (to
decode the signals) and put my Kenwood 2000 TX at plus 420 (on LSB)...making
for a pretting good syncronization. Heck, it worked...and I even ran a few
stations. Only ran 45 watts to keep it cool. I missed the first day due to
being away with the Navy. Sunday was spent Canoeing with the XYL and family
time. Still...not bad for 4 hours of operating.

Kevin VE3RCN (Royal Canadian Navy)