[3830] CQ WW RTTY WN6K SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wn6k@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY WN6K SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 09:07:16 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: WN6K
Operator(s): WN6K
Station: WN6K

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Vista,CA
Operating Time (hrs): 33.5

   80:   35    38       21      2     3
   40:  255   388       49     17    13
   20:  277   526       44     39    19
   15:  209   350       35     22    17
   10:    9    24        1      7     7
Total:  785  1326      150     87    59  Total Score = 392,496

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

The conditions were 'fair' but it was frustrating to hear EUs on first morning
and just not be heard through the East Coast. When the DID come back, it was a
slugfest getting call corrected, State sent etc. because the 'norm' on RTTY is
apparently similar to DXpedition pileups - even though it's not YOU, you keep
calling on top of people 24/7.

RTTY is simple in the fact that I call it my 'point and shoot' type of
contesting but the rates on LP are about a third because you have to send so
much info.  Jibberish and hash from adjacent information being transmitted up
and down the bands and just the aforementioned piling on occurs constantly.

Wife likes the mode though as there is no shouting your brains out on 80m at 2
in the morning which resonates throughout the house....

In the WAS department, I did not work (heard DE working someone) DE or LA as
well as the Northern Lost Provincial areas of Canada. NLPs are a given anymore
and I just don't spend anymore time looking for them and figure that especially
this time of year they are spending more time gathering nuts for the winter
instead of contesting.

I had two visitors from new members of our local club that wanted to see how 'I
do my LP efforts. Thanks Steve and Bill for coming by and hope we lit a spark
and will get you going soon.

As I have not read the other reports yet, 23 Qs per hour seems pretty slow and
subpar on first blush but it may have not been that far out of wack for a SSW
location putting out only 70w.

Thanks for those that persisted and 'read' my sigs.

WN6K, Paul