[3830] CQ WW RTTY N2QT SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2qt@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY N2QT SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 11:52:44 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: N2QT
Operator(s): N2QT
Station: N2QT

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 38.3
Radios: SO2R

   80:  229   349       44      33    12
   40:  530  1002       51      63    20
   20:  749  1942       39      82    30
   15:  436  1116       18      76    24
   10:   35    95        3      13     9
Total: 1979  4504      154     267    95  Total Score = 2,324,064

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I really like this contest!  There was enough exotic dx to be exciting in
that way, and there always seemed to be an open spot to try cqing (not
that someone always heard me).

I was hoping to break through 40 hours of operating time, but I just hit
the wall late Saturday night, and knowing that I couldn't afford to mess
up the peak time Sunday morning, I went to bed giving up while the rate
was still decent.  Sure wish I'd squeezed in another 30 minutes or so, so
I could have made it to 2K q's.

Anyway this is the most q's I've made in any contest and the first with two
K3's.  I did manage to hit the power level setting on one and was running
about
40 watts on 80 till I finally noticed things not looking right.  At least I
had
power level setting per band so didn't get hit on the others.

Radios  Elecraft K3 (external fans)
 KT34A at 60 ft,
 3 el Steppir at 48 ft
40M rotary dipole at  54 ft
shunt fed tower on  80 M

nothing broke, smoked, and the spills were easily contained.