[3830] CQ WW RTTY W0LSD M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0tg@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY W0LSD M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 22:09:19 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: W0LSD
Operator(s): W0LSD K0TG
Station: W0LSD

Class: M/S HP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:  220   275       47      18    11
   40:  691  1262       54      75    30
   20:  623  1237       52      87    31
   15:  392  1025       35      81    26
   10:   76   149       18      18    11
Total: 2002  3948      206     279   109  Total Score = 2,335,112

Club:

Comments:

This was a two op MS event for us this year.  A ton of BIC time to go around
this weekend.

On the 2nd day we were able to take advantage of a surprise 10 meter opening.
Ken was saying all weekend "would it be nice to get a short skip opening on
10"?  I (K0TG) was doubtful of that, but sure enough on Sunday that is what
happened!  Ken was on the 2nd radio and work out all the mults on the band.  I
went up to 10 to grab some more points and ended up staying for over 1-1/2
hours on 10. Things were so slow on the other bands for us at that time that we
were making hay with the mults and running at a slightly better rate than the
lower bands.

Just doing a quick look at the log it looks like the 2nd rig was worth 228
additional mult QSO's.  Well worth having that ability.

We were looking all weekend for Delaware.  No where to be found.  Then third to
last QSO one called us on 15.  Others in the total miss column were LB, NU, NWT,
NF.  Not sure if anyone was on from those places though.

At the end we were trying desperately to get to 2000 QSO's.  Made it to 2002.
We bettered our score from last year.  All of that probably came from 10
meters, but the bands were in excellent shape from our perspective as well.

Pictures of the shack and antennas are at: http://lostcreekcabin.com/

73, John  K0TG & Ken W0LSD