[3830] CQ WW RTTY W4VIC SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vic.w4vic@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY W4VIC SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 14:21:22 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: W4VIC
Operator(s): W4VIC
Station: W4VIC

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 27

   80:   17    36       6       11     7
   40:  237   479      37       54    13
   20:  338   888      29       68    22
   15:  150   416       8       45    18
   10:   11    31       1        5     4
Total:  753  1850      81      183    64  Total Score = 606,800

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

PRO III, ACOM 2000-A, STEPPIR DB-18 @ 50'

This was a personal best many times over for me.  RF from poor 80M wire antenna
locked up computer/N1MM program and I couldn't develop that band to anywhere
near its potential.  My fault, and I'll fix that.  10M was just not active in
the middle latitudes -- a few Qs to the South, but nothing to build score
there.  I didn't waste time waiting for Qs to show up.

My first serious RUN activity.  New antenna and new amp gave confidence that I
could command a frequency.  Still, I spent too much time in S & P 'looking' for
a hole in which to run.  Now I know better how to 'make it happen.'

Most memorable event:  Running on 20M and JH4UYB shows up loud on my freq
calling CQ.  As a guy who hardly ever worked JA's in previous contests this was
quite a moment for me.  Masaki was so loud I happily relinquished the frequency
to him.  Yes, I had several JA's already in the log, JH4UYB among them!

Thanks for the Qs.  73,  Vic, W4VIC