[3830] CQ WW RTTY AB0LR SOSB/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ab0lr@msn.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY AB0LR SOSB/40 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 15:23:42 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: AB0LR
Operator(s): AB0LR
Station: AB0LR

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: Colorado
Operating Time (hrs): 12

   80:
   40:  206  301      44      24    17
   20:
   15:
   10:
Total:  206  301      44      24    17  Total Score = 1

Club:

Comments:

Murphy showed up on Friday about 90 min before the contest. He said "I have the
wrong address but since I am here I'll just hang out for the weekend". I
decided to not feed him or give him beer (lol) hoping he would move on. I then
proceeded to  downloaded the updated for N1MM about 1 1/2 hr before the contest
(HUMM) big mistake. First, it changed my CQ Zone from ZN 4 to ZN 5 and I did not
know it until after 74 contacts. So I had to start a new log.  Then I realized
it changed the setting in my FT 1000 MP Mark 5. So I set out to trouble the
problem for about to many hours and after I repeated all the four letters words
for about a hundred time.  I decided to do a full radio reset the next morning
because I had wasted to much time trying to ID the problem. After that I still
was having problems. No one was coming back to me but I could see some of the
best DX band condictions and state side contacts that I've seen in months but
no one saw me. So, I converted all of my contacts to a ADIF file (hours later)
and uninstalled and deleted N1MM. Last I downloaded the full ver and all was
good to go. No big deal because I only lost about 22 hours working the bugs
out.