[3830] CQ WW RTTY AE5PW SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, patricknw@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY AE5PW SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 09:52:18 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: AE5PW
Operator(s): AE5PW
Station: AE5PW

Class: SOAB LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   81   92       27       3     4
   40:  156  239       38      23    12
   20:  179  308       30      39    15
   15:  107  226        8      36    15
   10:   17   46        0      11     7
Total:  540  908      103     112    53  Total Score = 243,344

Club:

Comments:

It was nice to see decent conditions on 15 meters.  I worked 107 stations there
with 36 DXCCs and 15 zones.  I was surprised to see some activity on 10 meters,
mostly to South America and the Caribbean. None of my 10 meter contacts (from a
whopping total of 17!) were domestic.

They say that "contests make conditions" and I think that was true here again
on 15 meters.  The band is open a lot more than we realize, regardless of what
the propagation prediction tools say.

As with all RTTY contests, I am having a problem with my call sign being
recognized.  Several (15 or so) people insisted on calling me AE5P, even when I
was having a decent run on 40 meters and was calling CQ.  I have a nice macro to
tell you that my call is AE5PW and not AE5P.  A few (2-3) still couldn't get it
through their heads that they did not just log a QSO with AE5P.  I guess they
will see it when they get a busted call in their log checking report.

My score and QSO total were down from last year, but that was due to a lack of
time in the chair, due to other commitments.