[3830] CaQP K6LA SOFixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP K6LA SOFixed HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 22:04:09 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: K6LA
Operator(s): K6LA
Station: K6LA

Class: SOFixed HP
QTH: LA(NG)
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:    20     6
   80:   165   113
   40:   319   129
   20:   534   393
   15:   250   158
   10:     1     0
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:  1289   799  Mults = 58  Total Score = 316,970

Club:

Comments:

I decided before the contest to REALLY concentrate on CW. It turns out I had to
because I could NEVER get anything going on phone. This was the 1st CQP where I
NEVER had large 20 &40 meter phone pileups on Saturday, let alone no pileups at
all. Well, maybe three guys called once at the same time. I asked if my
frequency was clear, and usually the answer was yes, and the guys who called
were loud from all over, but there just weren't many of them, at least that
showed up for me. At least I logged 175 more CW QSOs than ever before.

The good news was that after one Murphy visit after another (sneaky little
things like wires breaking inside connectors or switcheboxes) while putting my
station back together after WRTC, I had zero Murphy visits the entire contest.

I still needed SD for the sweep when I took my sleep break. NV was #57 at 0100.
I checked last year's log to see who I worked in SD, and while there were 3
calls to note, all had been worked Saturday evening, so I was concerned if I'd
find one. My only SD called in soon after I went to 20 phone early Saturday
morning.

73, Ken, K6LA

`