[3830] CaQP N6YEU SOCntyExp LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6yeu@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP N6YEU SOCntyExp LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 20:24:36 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: N6YEU
Operator(s): N6YEU
Station: N6YEU

Class: SOCntyExp LP
QTH: Del Norte
Operating Time (hrs): 23.2

  160:    0      0
   80:   56     53
   40:  161     34
   20:  326    222
   15:  140     94
   10:    0      0
    6:
    2:
--------------------

Club: Redwood Empire DX Association

Comments:

Another fun County Expedition! I went north to Del Norte on thursday not knowing
for sure where I would be operating. I ended up coming by kind of a back way to
where I thought I would set up. This caused me to arrive in the dark.I popped
up my camper and slept on it. In the morning I discovered the route to the top
of the mountain is now closed. I drove 15 miles to another mountain only to
find the gate locked.Murphy was showing his ugly face! I headed back to the
wide spot in the road I had spent a the previous evening at and decided it
wasn't a bad qth at all. I spent about half of friday putting up the army
surplus tower and 2 el Steppir(best thing since sliced bread!). I hung inverted
vees off the tower plus put up a Butternut HF 2V. The wire antennas were not
tuning well to I put up an 80m dipole fed with ladder line and tuned it with an
LDG tuner with a 4 to 1 balun. This did the job on 75/80 and 40 ssb. The HF2V
was great on 40(both modes) but never got it to work on 80.
     I never heard Idaho which was the only mult I missed. Lots of DX on
saturday which was fun. The WX was fantastic. Warm during day and just a little
cool at night. My Honda EU2000i purred along as usual.Before log checking my
claimed score should be a new county record. Someday I might try an amp. I was
kind of hoping to go to Siskiyou this year but N6TV wanted to make sure DELN
was covered. I'm glad I went there. Those of you who worked K0CTU in NE worked
my friend Pat who I got to get on. He wasn't too active unfortunately. He
called me on 20 ssb abt and hour to go for mult #56.Single op county
expeditions are a lot of work but it is the most fun I have all year.I enjoy
working lots of NCCC ops plus my local REDXA members. I'm hoping this is the
year for MLDXCC to come in 2nd place! Now where to next year....? 73,Fred