[3830] Oceania SSB VK6DXI SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mirelec@singnet.com.sg
Subject: [3830] Oceania SSB VK6DXI SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 22:42:56 -0700
                    Oceania DX Contest, Phone

Call: VK6DXI
Operator(s): VK6DXI
Station: VK6DXI

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Nr Perth
Operating Time (hrs): 19

  160:    2     2
   80:   17    14
   40:  221   152
   20:  180   146
   15:  483   281
   10:   35    18
-------------------
Total:  938   613  Total Score = 1,572,958

Club: VK Contest Club

Comments:

It was a last minute entry, almost literally.
Just came back from long overseas trip.
I have not been to the shack for a while so I did not know what to expect.
Arrived at the radio QTH 2 hours prior to the contest.
No major issue was found. This is an advantage of simple antenna system: easy
to put up and easy to restore.

At first bands did not seem very good. I struggled on 80 and 40m. I did not
hear any VK's on 160m.
I only got a couple of QSO's on 160m by moving Tony VK3TZ and John VK6HZ
there.
I was extremely tired so with a slow pace of action after midnight I have dozed
off, only to wake up at around 5 am Sunday morning to a  big activity on 40m.
I had a good run on 40m (best of all bands), but it was short. Sometime after
sunrise it all faded away.

I did many spot checks on 10m and found this band to be opened from time to
time.
But only few JA's, 9W's and UA's appeared out of the blue with a great
signals.

My "money band " was 15m.

Interesting calls worked: A65BP,
FO5JV,9H1EU,9M6XRO,5Z4EE,R1ANP,C91IW,PY7RP,CM8AKD

I finished with a greater number of QSO's then last year, but smaller score,
due to missing points and multipliers from 40m/80m bands.

It was great seeing many VK's and ZL's enjoying the test.

See you next weekend in CW part.

73 Mirek VK6DXI