[3830] CQWW SSB W0BH SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0bh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB W0BH SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 18:00:14 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 9
Radios: SO2R

  160:   13     3        2
   80:    7     3        2
   40:   11     7        7
   20:   82    20       43
   15:  207    26       68
   10:   34     6       11
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Just got on for fun this weekend and it certainly was that!  Great band
conditions with surprises throughout.  Highlights for me included a nice run to
30/32-land on Saturday evening, and a number of 27s and 28s the last half hour
on Sunday.

Lately I've been been trying to work KL7 on 10m as my last needed contact to
complete 6BWAS CW and SSB using only LOTW.  Last February during ARRL DX, I
worked a loud KL7RA on 10CW, to complete 6BWAS CW, so I've been looking for AK
on 10m SSB since then with no success.  This year, 10m opened nicely to Central
and South America, but I heard nothing north and west.  Around 2000Z on Sunday,
I had my beam pointed towards an HK3 calling CQ on 10m.  I suddenly heard him
call AL9A, and to my surprise, heard 59 01 come back. I quickly moved up band,
got my beam headed northwest, and started calling CQ.  Five minutes later, AL9A
was there!

All in all, a memorable weekend.  Thanks to all for the Qs!

73, Bob, w0bh