[3830] CQWW SSB G4IIY M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, g4iiy@live.co.uk
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB G4IIY M/2 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 08:17:58 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: G4IIY
Operator(s): G3IZD, G4IIY, G6LSO
Station: G4IIY

Class: M/2 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 40

  160:   58     4       33
   80:  548    15       75
   40:  492    20       81
   20:  885    22       91
   15:  513    25       82
   10:   32    10       23
------------------------------

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

Although M2, this was very much a part-time effort.  The first eight hours was
single op, as were the last four.  The remaining time was with just two
operators but, with several meal and sleep breaks, it meant several off-times.
We just cannot seem to get the local, newly-licensed amateurs in to contesting.

We only had a single aerial for the second station this year - no time to put
up anything else.  It was a 22m (65') vertical, with wires of varying lengths
to give a reasonable match on 80, 40, 20 and 15m.  The mult score, particularly
that for zones, is disappointing.  Next time, we plan to use beams on both
stations and put more emphasis in to chasing multipliers.

Ian G4IIY