[3830] CQWW SSB VA7BEC SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va7bec@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VA7BEC SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 09:43:00 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VA7BEC
Operator(s): VA7BEC
Station: VA7BEC

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: near Vancouver
Operating Time (hrs): 27

  160:    6     2        2
   80:   23     6        5
   40:   57    13       15
   20:  317    30       71
   15:  254    24       45
   10:   19     6        4
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

First time as a member of a team -- Team Orca of the newly formed Orca DXCC --
so I felt some pressure to prove my worth. :) I ended the contest on a happy
note because I accomplished the improvement goals I set out for myself: higher
score, more mults, and faster (and hopefully more accurate) sweeping of
pileups, and so, yes, I feel I made a solid contribution to the team.  But it
really was a rough ride. The first day was terrible. Noise alone was 59+. Was
it band conditions or something unique to my QTH? Even through the noise, I
could hear major pileup activity on the east coast. But I was like the kid left
on the sidelines. The DX gods were not smiling on the west coast, at least not
at my QTH. The second day was a whole lot better. Thanks to all the ops who
kept me running at a good clip on 15M and 20M, especially in the last half
hour. To the faraway DX who responded to my CQs, you were, as always, the
highlights of my LP effort. But I truly appreciate all the stations that
dropped by and all the stations that picked my call out of the mud. See you all
again soon. 73/88, Rebecca