[3830] CQWW SSB VE7AX SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VE7AX SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 10:23:42 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE7AX
Operator(s): VE7AX
Station: VE7AX

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Nanaimo, BC
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:    1     1        1
   40:    4     3        3
   20:  140    41       22
   15:  262    41       22
   10:   14     6        4
------------------------------

Club: ORCA DX AND CONTEST CLUB

Comments:

Icom 756 ProIII - Acom 1000 - N1MM - MicroKeyer II
Antennas:  Cushcraft Vertical (base at 25 feet) for 10, 15, 20 + (apparently
unresonant) wire for 80 and 40 (still a work in progress)

This contesting season I have added a little power (Acom 1000) to my limited
antenna systems with some mixed results.  I enjoyed some very good although
short runs on 15 and 20 which I would not have had last year. I found, however,
there were a few stations who could hear me but whom I could not hear well
enough to complete the QSO.  My apologies to them.  Probably won't help my
error percentage either.

This was a pretty casual effort on my part but, as many have mentioned, with
conditions improving it was really a lot of fun.

Congratulations to Perry, VA7FC, for his great SOAB result from a bit north of
me on Vancouver Island.  Thanks as always to VA7ST, VE7FO and VE7UF for their
leadership and mentoring. Can't wait for the next one.